Along Hall Street in Long Melford there’s a lovely old timbered building called the Bull Hotel…
Well, the Bull is well known locally for being haunted!
The Grade II* listed hotel is an old Tudor building which dates back to 1450. It was first built as a dwelling for one of Long Melford’s wealthy wool merchants.
In 1580 it was converted into The Bull Inn and opened to the paying public.
Inside the Bull Hotel there’s a fantastic feature…
An ancient beam which has an image of the mysterious Wildman or Woodman!
This decoration was common place in the Middle Ages as it was believed to ward off evil spirits.